1st Information session of Ideas for Action Africa (Lagos)
We are holding in partnership with the World Bank Group, our first ever Information session in Africa, hosted by the World Bank Nigeria and the University of Lagos:
Information Session on February 8th at the University of Lagos (UNILAG): Half-day event
Please note that the event is open to young people between 18 and 35 years old, which aims at bringing together young leaders from across the region to deepen their understanding of the 2030 development agenda, connect with peers who are passionate about similar issues, and ultimately generate as many proposals for the Ideas for Action competition as possible. The event is bringing in experts from international development, academia, and the private sector as well as the winners of the last I4A Competition edition, to deepen the African development subject.
The purposes are to make more young people across the continent:
- Aware about the Sustainable Development Goals and the challenges behind financing the future of development
- Recognizing the importance of youth involvement in the conversation about African sustainable development
- Informed about the I4A competition and prepared to participate
- Joining the I4A platform by participating in the next I4A competition edition
- Eme Essien – Country Manager of IFC Nigeria
- Dr. Djordjija Petkoski – Lecturer and Senior Fellow at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Delphine Anglo – President, Ideas for Action Africa
- Paul Alaje – Senior Economist, SPM PROFESSIONALS
- Ned Shell – MBA/MPP Candidate, Harvard Business School & Harvard Kennedy School
- Nwachinemere Emeka Obewe – Founder, Kitovu Technolgy & First Place Winner of 2017 I4A Competition
- Mukose Andrew – Founder and CEO, Gifted Hands Network & Snd Place Winner of 2017 I4A Competition
Moderator: Samuel Udeji – V-P Anglophone Africa, Ideas for Action Africa
The prospectus containing the detailed agenda and the speakers’ presentation is available, here
Please note that seating capacity is limited and online registration is required!
Enroll NOW to secure your participation!
Register to the Information session at the University of Lagos, here
Join us! We are waiting for you on February 8th at the UNILAG (Lagos)!